Terms of Service
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Heritage of Truth, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Participation in the Blog. If you comment on the blog on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your user name and email address, and you are fully responsible for all activities and actions taken in connection with your user name and email address. You must not describe or assign keywords to a website or blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of Heritage of Truth, heritageoftruth.com, or Jeanne Gowen Dennis, and Heritage of Truth may change or remove any description, keyword, or comment that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Heritage of Truth, heritageoftruth.com or jeannedennis.com liability. You must immediately notify Heritage of Truth of any unauthorized uses of your username or any other breaches of security. Heritage of Truth will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors.If you comment on a blog, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
By submitting Content to the heritageoftruth.com for inclusion on your Website, you grant Heritage of Truth a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Heritage of Truth has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Heritage of Truth’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Heritage of Truth’s reasonable opinion, violates any Heritage of Truth policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Heritage of Truth’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. We are careful to review everything that is posted on the Website. However, opinions expressed on Heritage of Truth TV or in the Blog are not necessarily those of Heritage of Truth. Views expressed by guests are theirs alone and are not necessarily endorsed by Heritage of Truth. Heritage of Truth disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. Heritage of Truth has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which heritageoftruth.com and jeannedennis.com link. Heritage of Truth does not have any control over non-Heritage of Truth websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Heritage of Truth website or webpage, Heritage of Truth does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Heritage of Truth disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Heritage of Truth websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Heritage of Truth asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by heritageoftruth.com or jeannedennis.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Heritage of Truth. Heritage of Truth will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Heritage of Truth will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Heritage of Truth or others. In the case of such termination, Heritage of Truth will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Heritage of Truth, if any.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Heritage of Truth to you any Heritage of Truth or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Heritage of Truth. Heritage of Truth, Heritageoftruth.com, jeannedennis.com, the Heritage of Truth logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with heritageoftruth.com, jeannedennis.com or the Website are trademarks of Heritage of Truth. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Heritage of Truth or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. Heritage of Truth reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Heritage of Truth may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Heritage of Truth may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Heritage of Truth and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Heritage of Truth nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Heritage of Truth, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Heritage of Truth under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Heritage of Truth shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Heritage of Truth, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Heritage of Truth and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by Heritage of Truth, or by the posting by Heritage of Truth of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Florida, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Duval County or St. John’s County, Florida. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement is subject to Christian mediation/arbitration, which shall be governed by the rules and procedures of the Christian Legal Society or by such procedures and rules otherwise mutually agreed to by the parties. The venue for any such mediation/arbitration shall be St. Augustine, Florida.
- If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Heritage of Truth may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.